Tuesday, April 17, 2012

everything in moderation...

...except laughter!!!

Hey team :)

I trust you are well, loved, and sending love back out into the world. 

I was driving the other day and took note of some of the exercisers out and about. Most of them were joggers/walkers. A lot of them looked pooped, but were pressing on! They were all shapes and sizes and in very colourful spandex clothing. (There were Lululemon logos as far as the eye could see! lol)

I've worked hard and lost 30 pounds in just over a year. Unfortunately, the last couple weeks I have really dropped the ball and have been feeling kind of down and depressed about it. Seeing all those people out there working hard, especially the bigger ones, motivated me so much! 

Shortly afterwards, I was putzing around online and found this:

Don’t you give up. It doesn’t matter how many times you stumble, how many workouts you miss, how much cake you eat at 3 am. Don’t quit. It’s the first rule of BodyRocking. BodyRockers never give up. I fail all the time. If you are training for a life well lived – if you are going after your dreams – you are going to fall down now and then. It’s frustrating, but this is real life. We are real people.

I came across this on an awesome and fun FREE resource online and it made me cry. It's just how I was feeling - like I had given up. I hadn't necessarily eaten cake at 3am, but pretty darn close. So, I started the program 4 days ago and I'm loving it and the health I'm feeling again. 

photo cred: hathuyanna

  • Eat a healthy and high-in-protein breakfast every morning. 
  • Eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies. 
  • Eat lean meats. 
  • Drink tons of water. 
  • Get your heart rate up for 12-20 minutes, six times a week, doing aerobics and weights.
  • Walk/breathe/meditate/do yoga often.
  • Eat a small piece of dark chocolate a few nights a week. 
  • And indulge a couple times a month in something seriously delish and sinful, but only a half-serving! lol
  • Laugh as much as possible!
  • Play like you're 5 years old from time to time :)
  • And love. 


This is my recipe for success and I bestow it unto you my friends. Simple really. Like most things in life. 

This week I'm sending my love out to those rain-or-shine-pavement-pounders and all the rest of you working on a healthy life!! I think we could all use a little extra love and support. 

hugs and love
sarah d.

No comments:

Post a Comment