Monday, April 9, 2012

Who is your family?

Hello friends, 

I trust you all had fabulous weekends!

Two years ago tomorrow, I said 'I will' with my best friend in front of two families and a bunch of friends who are like family to us. Every year at this time there's a ton of celebrating going on in my world, and I love it! My dad and hubs share the same birthday, our anniversary is four days later, and Easter is always nearby. 

We've been having lots of fun visiting with family over this long weekend and it's been so. much. fun. =) 

And all that visiting got me to thinking:

How are people holding up that don't have family? 
How are people that are all alone, or feel all alone? 
How are people who have lost family?

Family is incredible, and takes on so many forms. I really don't believe that you need to be blood-related to be considered family. I hope that you all have people in your life that you consider family, even though they might not be on your family-tree! 

In talking with all different kinds of people, I learn their definitions of family. I hear things like:

I can be myself with family. 
They'll support me no matter what. 
I can stink with my family. 
They don't judge me. 

I chose to show the family from the hit show Modern Family because I think 
it is such a fun and light-hearted example of a complicated family that 
works hard to love and accept each other right where they are. 

So while I said goodbye to my family after a wonderful visit, my heart filled with love for those who don't have family, or who are trying to define who their family is. Everyone deserves people in their life who accept them for who they are: fun and faults, strengths and struggles. 

Will you please send some love and joy to those in the world who feel all alone?

We are well loved dear ones, and we must spread that love in every way that we can. Let's get creative this week and let those people around us know that they are a true joy!

hugs and love
sarah d. 

No comments:

Post a Comment